Yesterday was my last day working as a volunteer and I have to say it was a great day. I am not leaving until next Saturday but my last official working day was yesterday. Unfortunately, all of the kids were sick. They were all coughing and just not feeling their best, so the directors decided that the kids would stay home and rest. Which was a great idea, one of the boys didn’t wake up until almost nine and it did him a lot of good to get that extra rest.
After breakfast, their morning started.They had a easy and relaxed morning. We played with a flannel board and Bible story cut-outs. I even had a mini Bible study with the oldest. It was a nice just hanging out with the kids doing crafts. It was a great start for a awesome day.At first, I had a hard time enjoying myself because the kids were so tired and sick but when they started having fun and so did I.
After an easy non-straining morning we had lunch and then all the kids went to the clinic. After they came back they took a short nap and then it was time for Jordan and my activities.
Jordan and I planned a afternoon of Sabbath fun. It is not easy to find Sabbath appropriate activities to do with the children other than a walk. When I was kid, I used to love going on walks with my sister and brother. We loved exploring and just seeing what we could find. I still like going on nature walks when I am back home. I guess when you are in charge and you have to go for a walk every Sabbath, it kind of loses its appeal. To say the less Sabbath afternoon walks are something I dread and one way or another, it was always Jordan and I who got stuck on walk duty. Well, I decided we were going to do something special on our last Sabbath afternoon. Jordan came up with the idea of a thankfulness hand. We drew their hands and then they wrote things they are thankful for in the fingers. My idea was to act out Noah’s Ark. I have wanted to do face painting with them and today I was finally able to. We ended up just doing face painting and no acting, but it was still a lot of fun. They enjoyed themselves with the hands craft and the paint.
The Sun’s!
Yes, She was a Christmas tree
So the my last day working was one of the best I have had here, beside the fact that most of them were sick. It was nice because for about an hour, during the activities they forgot that they were not feeling good and just had fun. The good thing is that I still have one week left with them and I am going to enjoy it to the fullest. I plan on making the most of the time I have left.
Wow, amazing to think your time in Tanzania is coming to a close, eh? I still can't really believe I'm home. Sounds like a wonderful Sabbath and the kids look so happy. Enjoy your last week with the kids to the fullest!!
ReplyDelete